Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 27: Ichimi Sushi (1.1 km)

Ichimi Sushi

For this week's super-late Sushipalooza entry, Ichimi Sushi at Bay and Edward acts as a last-minute replacement for the mysteriously absent Sushi-Q. Well all right, a real restaurant instead of a food court kiosk! Let's go!

ichimi-wakame

My meal came with a free green salad, but I passed on it and ordered a wakame seaweed salad instead. Good call. Crisp and tasty. I also got some gyoza (not pictured, and not very exciting).

ichimi-crazyscallop

If there's one thing I like to see in a maki roll, it's crazy. So the Crazy Scallop roll was practically calling my name. A tempura shrimp and crab roll, each piece topped off with a breaded fried scallop. A little tricky to eat, but every bit as crazy as advertized.

ichimi-golden

Less crazy, but still good, was the Golden Roll, with mango and salmon. In fact, I think I liked this one the best. Mango kicks avocado's ass.

My only complaint with Ichimi was that it was a fair bit more expensive than many of the other places in the neighbourhood, without actually being proportionally better or classier. I mean, who do you think you are, Daio?

Anyway, for those of you keeping track, that is now 26 places that are better than stupid jackass Mariko

.

No comments:

Post a Comment