Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 5: Sushi Sky (0.3 km)

Sushi Sky

Hello, and welcome to a very special Family Edition of Sushipalooza! This week I had the 3 sushi-eatingest members of my family join me at Yonge St. sushi stalwart Sushi Sky. A mere 2 doors down from upstart Takumi, Sushi Sky has been there for as long as I can remember (however long that is), and is only the second Sushipalooza stop that I've been to before.

Unfortunately, there was a minor tragedy with the food photos. My camera did not seem to appreciate the lighting conditions in there. Guess I should have taken my sister up on her offer to borrow hers. Oh well. I was able to salvage some semi-usable thumbnails, but no larger view. Sorry!

To kick things off, we have the house-special "Sushi Sky Maki", topped with smoked salmon, BBQ eel, and avocado. Oh yeah, and shrimp I think. So pretty much the works. Makes for a fancy presentation, and anything with BBQ eel on it is a winner in my books. All it was missing was something fried. Speaking of which...

Here we (sort of) see the Dragon Roll A. Despite the fact that it didn't come arranged in a dragon shape like the picture in the menu, this one was a big hit. It contains tempura shrimp, which pretty much makes it the next best thing to a Spider Roll.

To round the meal off, we got a selection of... more maki. There was unagi (BBQ eel, as good on the inside of the roll as on the outside), cuttlefish (just for the sake of trying something different), and some Dynamite Rolls (to my disappointment, they didn't contain real dynamite).

I guess the clever thing to do would've been to ask around the table for some opinions I could post here. Oh well. I liked it enough, anyway. Besides, these write-ups aren't supposed to be reviews anyway. So get off my back already!

1 comment:

  1. It was all excellent. I don't usually have access to excellent sushi so it was all great to me. The company was great as well.

    ReplyDelete