Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 12: Sushi & BBQ (0.5 km)

Sushi & BBQ

All right, I gotta keep this brief, cause I have some kitchen cabinets to paint. Long story. Well, not that long: I'm painting my kitchen cabinets. There.

Sushi & BBQ is on Yonge near Wellesley, mere steps from last week's non-entry, Tokyo Grill. And like Tokyo Grill, they accept cash only. WTF? Is this block like some sort of black hole for credit and debit card service? Anyway.

If there's one thing I like more than sushi, it's BBQ. The name Sushi & BBQ evokes a place where you can get smoked baby back ribs with a side of tempura shrimp roll. The reality is slightly less awesome but still pretty nice: a kind of Korean / Japanese "fusion". They have Korean dishes (like bibimbap), Japanese dishes (like udon), and hybrid dishes (like a bulgogi bento box).

Unfortunately, the lighting in there made my camera very unhappy, and the only picture I got was this poor blurry thing. You can sort of see part of my BBQ Bento Box and my Spider Roll. It looks awful enough in thumbnail size, you don't want to see it large.

The bento box came with Korean BBQ beef, and some glass noodles (nice)... but no miso soup. When's the last time you saw a bento box with no miso soup? No tempura either... well, what can you expect for 8 bucks I guess?

Anyhoo, I gotta get back to work. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment