Thursday, July 30, 2009

Extra: Tokyo Grill (0.5 km)

Tokyo Grill

Yeah that's right: not one but two bonus entries this week! Isn't it amazing? Isn't it almost more excitement than you can bear? Yeah, me too.

I had been originally planning to include Tokyo Grill on the regular Sushipalooza roster, but on closer inspection it turned out not to be a sushi restaurant. They do have a very small selection of sushi on the menu, but the main focus is on teriyaki and donburi and whatnot. The odd thing is I could swear it used to be a sushi restaurant, when I went there like 10 years ago. Either they've rejigged the menu, or my memory's not worth much. The smart money is on "b".

But I wasn't about to let that stop me from visiting and trying out some non-sushi Japanese food. And by posting about it here, I can write off the meal as a business expense on my income tax, right? Remind me to ask my accountant about that.

Katsu don

I decided to get the katsu don, a bowl of rice topped with vegetables, egg, and a breaded fried pork cutlet. Kind of similar to Korean bibimbap (a favourite winter dish of mine), only minus the sizzling bowl. Good stuff.

Agedashi

I supplemented my meal with an order of agedashi tofu. To those who say they don't like tofu, I say: try it deep fried. I liked this better than the tempura tofu I got at Kokyo back in week 2. Less... tofuey.

My favourite thing about Tokyo Grill: they had Christmas decorations up. In July. I can dig that. Why take them down in the first place when you're just going to have to put them back up in 11 months, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment