Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 14: Tokyo Sushi (0.7 km)

Tokyo Sushi

Here's all you need to know about Tokyo Sushi: they have an autographed photo of Jean-Luc Picard on the wall. If it's good enough for the indisputably awesomest Starfleet captain, it's good enough for me!

Tokyo Sushi is somewhat off the beaten track, hiding down at the Bay St. end of St. Joseph St. Like Solo Sushi Bekkan, I didn't even know it existed until I went looking for it.

Dinner at Tokyo Sushi

Unless my menu was missing a page or something, they didn't seem to have any "bento box" combinations. Well that's fine, all the more excuse to experiment with random maki! My favourite of the bunch was the "Saturday Roll", featuring shrimp and tempura bits.

Sunshine Roll

I also got a "Sunshine Roll", with salmon and asparagus. Not an entirely successful combination, I thought. The "Rainbow Roll", topped with various kinds of fish, fared better. I rounded things off with a couple pieces of tamago (scrambled egg) nigiri.

Make it so!

Tokyo Sushi also offers about the most reasonably priced wakame seaweed salad I've seen... and it was good too. Nice big pieces of dark, crunchy seaweed, garnished with some cute little cucumber slices.

So lay in a course for Tokyo Sushi, warp 3.5. Engage!

(Yeah, I know. Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment