Saturday, October 3, 2009

Extra: Okonomi House (0.9 km)

Okonomi House

Why is it all my "bonus" posts end up being clumped together? Curse you, cruel fate!

Moving on...

Okonomi House is not even remotely a sushi restaurant. I mean, at least Tokyo Grill had California Rolls on the menu. But there's not a scrap of sushi to be found at Okonomi House. So why'd am I wasting your time with this post? Good question.

Okonomiyaki

Okonomi House specializes in okonomiyaki, which is sometimes referred to as "Japanese pizza", because I guess it's sort of pizza-like. It involves a potato pancake topped with sauce and usually some kind of meat or whatever. I decided to go for broke and get the "seafood deluxe", which came with shrimp, scallops, fake crab, and calamari. Clearly this was the way to go; my last okonomiyaki seemed woefully under-topped, but this one did not suffer that problem.

And with that, I'm outta here. Short post, I know, but I really want to get out to Nuit Blanche... I mean it's already 10:30 for crying out loud, what am I doing farting around the house? Seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment